Sunday, March 30, 2014

What I would get rid of

I'm one of those people who holds onto a few things just in case they come to good use one day. What I discovered is that the longer I wait the more I realize these items will probably never be in active use again. As I look around the clutter of my personal drawer so many different and prehistoric objects come to sight. There is this one pack of tattoos I purchased from Urban Outfitters about four summers ago. They had quite some sarcastic and witty sayings so I was intrigued to buy them. I thought it would be perfect to wear during the hot days with most skin revealed, but when I really thought about it I realized how childish it was. I mean the last time I wore a washable tattoo was when I was six. Now, I was twelve at this point; get real. There was no way I would be seen in them back then, so no chance I would be seen in them now. First item off the disposal list: check. Next I saw my iPhone 4s cases that I have had for about a year now and never used because of my upgrade to iPhone 5. The iPhone 5's slimmer and taller design is not commensurate to the previous generation's body. Therefore, there is no logical explanation to why I still have the old cases. Second item off the disposal list: check. Now, the third and final object I came across was the collection of five year old seventeen magazine issues which my friend lent me when she finished reading them. I was never much of a reader, but I liked magazines because they had plenty of nice pictures to look at. After I finished "reading" the first magazine I lost interest. I have not touched the rest of the issues since. If any one of these items had to go it would definitely be the magazines. These items were definitely things I could live without, but there are a couple in mind I would absolutely not. As time consuming as my phone is it really is one of the things I would not be able to live without. It has all the information I need for important academic purposes and pleasurable ones, such as social networking sites. The second and last item is my guitar which I adore dearly. There is always a time of the day I wish to play a few chords on the sweet beauty. As crazy as it sounds, I can never imagine myself without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment